The Gunflint Trail Historical Society and Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center has once again partnered with GiveMN.org for the fifth annual Give to the Max Day on Thursday, November 14.
Individuals can use the GiveMN.org website year-round to locate and donate to Minnesota-based nonprofits. However, on Give to the Max Day (aka, the Great Minnesota Give-Together) there are extra incentives to donate. On November 14, each hour, donors are entered into a drawing (known as the Golden Ticket) to win an additional $1000 for their nonprofit. In addition, cash prizes are awarded to nonprofits who earn the most dollars in donations that day through GiveMN “leaderboard prizes.” (First prize is $10,000!) The Gunflint Trail Historical Society has two chances to win $10,000 because it competes in both the “all nonprofits and schools” and “small nonprofits” leaderboards. All you have to do to get the Gunflint Trail Historical Society in the running for those prizes is to donate on November 14 in the Gunflint Trail Historical Society’s name. In prizes alone, the GTHS could win more than $21,000!
In addition to the cash prizes offered by GiveMN.org on November 14, the Gunflint Trail Historical Society also has a matching grant on the table. Members of the Gunflint Trail Historical Society board of trustees have generously reached into their own pockets to offer a $1000 matching grant on November 14 only. That means all donations up to $1000 will be matched dollar for dollar!
Together, we hope to raise $2000 on November 15 towards building a nature center on Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center’s grounds. The nature center will be located near the main parking lot at Chik-Wauk and will house permanent exhibits on the Gunflint Trail’s natural history, as well as provide presentation space for naturalist program as well as much needed storage and office space. The GTHS Board of Trustees is currently in the initial planning stages of this project and plans to begin construction as soon as possible.
Participating in “Give to the Max” day on behalf of the GTHS is easy. You’ll just head over to the Gunflint Trail Historical Society’s Give MN website and look for the “Make a Donation” box on the right-hand side of the page. The donation process is fast and secure: literally, a two-click procedure. You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover and can also schedule weekly, monthly, or annual payments. New this year: If you’re unable to contribute on November 14, you can schedule your Give to the Max contribution so that your credit card will automatically be charged at 12:00 a.m. on November 14.
But why donate to the Gunflint Trail Historical Society on November 14?
- You get more bang for your buck when you donate online. While grant funds can cost nonprofits 20 cents per $1 raised and direct mail campaigns as much as $1.25, an online donation costs organizations like the GTHS just 7 cents per $1 raised.
- Any donation over $25.00 can be applied to a Gunflint Trail Historical Society membership. Let us know you’d like your gift applied to your membership dues by clicking “add a designation” in the “your donation” box on the second page of the donation process and type “GTHS membership.” If you’re considering giving gift memberships during the upcoming holiday season, this would be a great time to purchase those memberships! (If you don’t place a designation on your gift, those funds will automatically go into the nature center fund.)
- Your donation promotes the preservation of Gunflint Trail history. Your gift helps the GTHS conduct oral history interviews, create archival space, reconstruct a historic cabin on Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center grounds, expand museum exhibits, and much more.
- Your donation helps the Gunflint Trail Historical Society ensure Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center remains an important educational and community facility on the Gunflint Trail, by helping the GTHS maintain nature trails, fund naturalist programming, and maintain the building and grounds.
- Your gift keeps the Gunflint Trail Historical Society growing and strong.
- Donations may be made anonymously, if you prefer.
- Your gift is tax-deductible. We will issue you a tax deductible receipt for your records.
We hope you’ll considering including the Gunflint Trail Historical Society in your charitable giving on November 14. We really appreciate your support: we wouldn’t be here today without you!